Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person. Certain personal information and non-personal information (i.e., data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual), as described below, may be collected from or about you through the Website or App.
Here are examples of the types of information that we collect and how we use it:
What information we collect
- When you submit feedback or “contact us” through the Website or App, we may collect information such as your name, email address, phone number or mailing address.
- When you launch the App we may collect information, such as your name and email address, to verify your eligibility and identity and to setup an account with AC Wellness.
- When you log-in to the App, we may also collect information from your existing Apple Wellness Center portal account, such as your date of birth and existing appointments, to display this information to you in the App and to support some of the functionality offered through the App.
- When you use the App we may also collect information such as your self-reported medical information and HealthKit information, for example when you use chat or if you choose to share your HealthKit information through the App with your healthcare provider.
- Through in-app surveys, we may also collect information about you and your experience such as demographic information and your experience with AC Wellness and the Apple Wellness Center.
- We may collect technical data, which in many cases is non-personal information, as part of your usage of the Website or App. Technical data includes, for example, information about your app usage, such as your app version, date of first launch and technical data about your device, such as operating system, model, and iOS version. This App does not respond to browser “Do-Not-Track” signals.
How we use your information
We may use your personal information and non-personal information for the following purposes:
- In the App, to help facilitate providing treatment to you, such as to assist you in scheduling appointments and engaging in chat with a AC Wellness healthcare provider.
- To respond to your questions or concerns.
- To help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our Website, App, and patient experience at AC Wellness.
- To conduct internal quality improvement or business analysis.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices or to communicate changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- As required by applicable laws, including HIPAA, and as described in our Notice of Privacy Practices.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Disclosure to Third Parties
AC Wellness shares your personal information with companies who provide services for us such as data backend and storage, chat-related functionality, and information processing. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever AC Wellness operates.
Your personal information may also be disclosed to the following third parties:
- Regulatory authorities, such as the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and other federal or state government agencies.
- Law enforcement or other third parties pursuant to legal process such as a subpoena or court order.
- Others, if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, if at your direction or with your consent/authorization or in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
- Non-personal information may be shared with all of those listed above and with our service providers.
Protection of Your Information
AC Wellness takes the security of your information very seriously. AC Wellness has implemented reasonable measures to keep the information it maintains about you safe and to protect the confidentiality of your information, including storing it in computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures. Despite our security measures, total confidentiality cannot be guaranteed.
Retention of Information
Third‑Party Sites and Services
Our Website and the App may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Information collected by third parties is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Access to Personal Information
For personal information we collect through the Website or App and hold, we will provide you with access (including a copy) for any purpose including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if AC Wellness is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. Access, correction, or deletion requests can be made by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or AC Wellness, Attn: Privacy Officer, 20730 Valley Green Drive, Cupertino, CA 95014.
Neither the Website nor App is intended for children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
AC Wellness, 20730 Valley Green Drive, Cupertino, CA 95014